Thursday, March 15, 2007

Muay Thai Maddness

March 9 - 15, 2007

Tiger Muay Thai Camp - Phuket, Thailand

This week Muay Thai kicked my butt. I woke up every morning at 6am to train from 6:30 - 9 and then again at 3pm (probably the hottest part of the day) to 6pm.


What I learned:
1.) Six different punches
2.) Seven ways to elbow someone
3.) How to kick and knee
4.) There's nothing smellier than communal boxing gloves
5.) In a male dominated environment, a little female charm can do wonders in excusing one from having to do push-ups


I also proudly acquired two war wounds in the form of blisters. One on my right foot and another on my left knuckle (from my deadly jab). Now I'm ready for some much deserved lying around. Next stop is Koh Phangan for the black moon party!


Ohhhhh Yeah
(Don't let the fact that you can see my blue underwear lessen the fact that this kick was totally ferocious)

The Tiger Muay Thai Gym
Ben - a fellow Canadian (Training for MMA) Me demonstrating said 'deadly jab' on Mike (here training for Golden Gloves) Try and guess which one ISN'T a real Muay Thai fighter
(me showing Oh and Phet a thing or two about Muay Thai) Show off Future Muay Thai warrior
We spent most of our time out of the ring eating


I needed this motor bike helmet in case we rode into a riot

Shanti Lodge - probably the best guest house in Thailand

2 comments:

nikki & neil said...

you are living the life!!! plus, now you're a certified BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of you kicking ass - literally. The kicking photo rocks. You have such fierceness in your face and the fact that I can see your blue underwear is kind of hot too.