Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Cool-ala Lumpur

Just joking. It's not really cool here. It's actualy unbearably hot. But the good news is that it's cheap and the food is goooooood. Today is my one and only day in the city and all I was able to see were Central Market, China Town, and the Batu Caves (where there were plenty of monkeys terrorizing tourists and stealing bananas).
Tonight I hop onto the night train to Thailand.


CHANGE OF PLANS:
So, I didn't actually end up hopping on that train to Thailand. One day later I'm still in Kuala Lumpur. After hearing about some violence going on in South Eastern Thailand I logged onto the Canadian Embassy's travel advisory and saw that they were suggesting that Canadians travelling in Thailand DO NOT stop in Hat Yai (where my train would have been arriving). I realize that the chances of something actually happening to me while in Hat Yai are slim, but travelling alone I don't want to take ANY chances. So, yesterday I traded in my train ticket to Hat Yai for a plane ticket to Phuket tomorrow. Once in Phuket any of you that might be worrying about me can rest assure that I'll be working hard at my Muay Thai boot camp, learning how to kick box any danger coming my way in the FACE.

Batu Caves

MONKEYS!
City Scape

KL Orchard Gardens

1 comment:

nikki & neil said...

muay thai kick boxing?!! whatevah